Thursday, June 15, 2017

2017 Summer Convention!

I had a wonderful opportunity this week to go to the Pennsylvania Summer State FFA Convention! It brought back a lot of good memories while I made new ones, too. I was able to spend my days helping at the Vet Science CDE - which was a whole new experience in itself, as I never had classes in Vet Science and definitely did not compete. However, I learned a lot and gain a whole new respect for what those students went through on Tuesday and Wednesday in those contests. Moreover, I was able to spend the Tuesday evening with the West Greene FFA Chapter, who invited me to dinner with them. Then, I went to the first session with the H.G. Parkinson FFA and the McGuffey FFA. It's been about 7 years since I was a student at the state convention, so it was an awesome feeling to be back and on a new level! I cannot wait to return again as a teacher with my own group of students. Thanks to all the chapters that welcomed me this week and let me hang out with them!
 

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see you there and I am glad you were able to "reconnect"!

    Look forward to seeing you in Philly for PAAE!

    ReplyDelete