Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 8: Taking on more classes


Week 8 went really well and I felt like I am starting to get more comfortable, which I am not sure is good or bad! I started all new units in 5 of the 6 classes this week. Everything seemed to go pretty well, however, I think I need to plan a little differently in my Vet Science class and follow their workbook a little closer. 






I also starting using google calendar as a planning tool and it has really helped to keep me more organized. All of my links and bell work for the day are in one place which has really helped - as long as I get it on their quickly! 



This journey is bringing me through some whirlwinds - some days I question why I left my office, where I only had to work 35 hours a week and never brought work home; however, it never takes long for a student to do or say something that makes me remember EXACTLY why I did, and why I am happy I am on this journey at this time in my life.







At just over the halfway point, I am hoping to grow exponentially in the next several weeks and soak in as much as I can from the Fabulous Jodie Hoover, so that I am prepared as possible to take on a classroom of my own this fall. 

1 comment:

  1. Karlie, so glad you are finding positive purpose in your journey to become an agriculture teacher. What were some gems and opps from this week beyond the success of the GoogleCalendar? You posted some neat looking pictures, so please share the story that goes with them!

    ReplyDelete